Living in a city with a great quality of life is easier, and cheaper, than you might think. If you’re also interested in becoming part of a team that encourages you to grow both personally and professionally, then you’re in even more luck. Besides being home to the largest Flywire office, Valencia is a beautiful, livable city. Here are ten reasons why engineers looking for a change in pace should consider moving to Valencia and becoming a FlyMate.
- Strong developer community The Valencian community has a strong technology ecosystem. Different types of meetups and events for all different profiles in the tech sector happen regularly, so you can easily jump in and meet those with the same interests as you. Events can range from DevOps Valencia to HackNight, and as a part of the tech community, you can are encouraged to participate, teach, learn, and grow!
- It’ll feel like you’re on vacation all year around With palm trees all around the city and the beach just a few minutes away by car or public transport, you get to feel like you’re always on vacation. More of a mountain person? That’s fine, too! You’ll be close to numerous hiking trails, such as the ones in Chulilla. In short, whether you want to swim, hike, or even ski, it’s all just a short trip away.
- It’s a remote cityValencia is becoming a popular destination for digital nomads as well as remote work programs, including Remote Year and Globe Kick. The internet connection is great, and the city is seriously starting to cultivate a strong co-working environment.
- Getting around is easy Valencia has great public transport that makes it quick and convenient for you to get around; it has an underground metro system and a tram that covers all of the city and beyond. If you prefer to bike, Valencia is extremely bicycle-friendly, with new cycle lanes constantly popping up around the city.
- It’s small but never boringValencia is a small but exciting city, making it very welcoming for new residents. It’s easy to get around and full of diversity, great restaurants, and entertainment, as well as sports and cultural activities. There are always live concerts to attend, beach volleyball games to be played, theatre plays to see, and new restaurants to go to.
- Flywire is hiring!If all the reasons above have convinced you to make the move to Valencia, we’d just like to add that we are hiring! You’d have the opportunity to join the leading provider of cross-border payment solutions. The majority of our Engineering team is based in our Valencia office and is made up of about 60 engineers. The team in Valencia is mainly known for their strong technical skills and innovative company culture. If you’re interested in growing and learning from an international startup, don’t hesitate to check out our
open engineering positions.