The Flywire Charitable Foundation aims to improve equality, access and affordability for underrepresented individuals and communities.
For the 2022 academic year, eight total scholarships of $5,000 USD each will be awarded across the following themes:
As social justice issues, including but not limited to: policing, anti-LGBTQ+ legislation, religious persecution, sexism, racism and sexual violence continue to dominate the world news the need for significant social justice reform has only increased. These scholarships will be awarded to tomorrow’s leaders who are committed to eradicating racism, violence, systemic biases and other acts of intolerance.
As individuals and communities around the world continue to overcome the challenges of a global pandemic, it’s clear that there is a strong need for innovative approaches to improve global health. These scholarships will be awarded to students who are committed to improving health outcomes and quality of life for individuals all over the world.
As global conflicts have escalated across the world stage, this year has uncovered the importance of elevating humanity when addressing challenges across social, political, and economic issues. Scholarships in this category will be awarded to students who embody their own definition of being a global citizen with the purpose of making a positive impact on their community and the world.
The most critical resource that we have is a healthy planet, yet the ongoing threats to environmental health continue to endanger our livelihood. Scholarships in this category will be awarded to students who are actively fighting climate change and other risks to our planet in order to create a more sustainable environment for all future generations.
- The scholarships are open to Undergraduate & Graduate students worldwide.
- Matriculating and currently enrolled students are welcome to apply.
- Open to all majors.
- Each student can only apply to one of the four scholarship categories.
- Applications MUST be submitted by Friday, June 17th, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST / Saturday, June 18th 3:59 PM GMT. Please note that any applications submitted after this point will not be accepted or reviewed.
- Winners will be notified via the email provided by Monday, July 25th.
- Scholarship funds will be distributed directly to your institution shortly thereafter.
How to Apply
All eligible applicants must complete the application form.
Submission of an essay responding to the below prompt is required within the application form.
Essays should be one-page typed (12-point standard style font, 1-inch margins) in PDF format. All applications must be submitted in English.
In your comprehensive essay, please provide clear answers to the following questions:
- Tell us about yourself: what are you studying and at what school?
- What hurdles have you had to overcome to pursue your studies?
- What do you hope to achieve with your education and how does it relate to the theme of the scholarship you have selected?
A select committee of Flywire Charitable Foundation members and diverse global Flywire employees will review each application individually. The criteria used in the selection process are:
- Adherence to Prompt:
The applicant meets all requirements, clearly addresses the questions posed by Flywire, and demonstrates how their studies relate to the scholarship they have selected.
The applicant provides a clear overview of their personality, interests and values and shows evidence of determination and resilience when faced with obstacles.
The applicant describes their personal, academic and/or career goals and indicates how their educational pursuits are helping them achieve stated goals.
Terms:Use of Voice, image and likeness. By submitting my application for a scholarship, I give Flywire permission to use any and all of my voice, image and likeness, with or without using my name, in connection with the scholarship program, for the purposes of advertising and promoting such scholarship program and/or Flywire, and/or for other purposes deemed appropriate by Flywire in its reasonable discretion, except to the extent expressly prohibited by law.
Congratulations to the 2021 winners!
Congratulations to the 2020 winners!
Global health and medicine
- Ishita studying at Queen's University
- Shekinah studying at University of Missouri-Columbia
- Mahi studying at The College of Wooster
- Chloe studying at London School of Economics
Questions? Please don’t hesitate to email us at [email protected]