HFMA’s Patient Friendly Billing® project provides resources to help providers improve the patient billing process so that bills are clear, concise, correct and patient-friendly.
Here are five best practices:
1. Think from the patient perspective when designing process and communications
2. Coordinate with other providers and insurers to streamline
3. Communicate financial information separately from clinical processes
4. Keep communications clear and jargon free!
5. Use patient feedback to improve continuously
To find more information about the HFMA project see here.